- Contract is between Anniewalkers Camino (Group Leader) and the person signing the Registration form (Pilgrim), which incorporates these Booking Conditions, declares that he or she is fully aware of and accepts these conditions.
- If you book by telephone or internet, you will be deemed to have read these Booking Conditions and are in agreement with them.
- Deposit and Payments Details
- Registration Form
- Indemnity Form
- Booking Conditions
In case of cancellation by the Pilgrim, please refer to cancellation schedule below.
Confirmation of Pilgrim's acceptance on the walk will be given when Pilgrim's Group Leader has received the deposit, the hard-copy, signed Registration, the signed Booking Conditions, and the signed Indemnity forms.
- For all escorted trips: The final balance of trip (and second half of single supplement, if applicable) is due 90 days prior to the departure date.
- If the booking is made within 90 days of departure, the full amount is required at the time of booking.
- If Pilgrim makes their reservation less than 30 days before the travel date, there is a 15% additional fee to offset our expenses.
Cancellation fees are per Pilgrim.
By signing their registration form, Pilgrims agree to Cancellation Fees.
Cancellations must be received in writing and by email with receipt acknowledged by Annie Carvalho.
SJPP/Pamplona to Santiago
- $200 non-refundable deposit (per person) at time of booking.
- $500 fee if cancellation is received 90 or more days prior to the start date of the tour.
- $700 fee if cancellation is received 89 - 60 days prior to the start date of the tour
- $900 fee if cancellation is received 59 - 45 days prior to the start date of the tour
- No refund if cancellation is received 44 days or less prior to the start date of the tour
Payment of the Balance
- If Pilgrim's reservation is made less than 90 days out, full payment is due at time of confirmation.
- After we have processed or received deposit and 6 months before departure, Pilgrim will receive an Invoice showing the total cost of trip and the balance DUE AND PAYABLE. If the balance is not received WITHIN 30 DAYS OF DATE OF INVOICE, we shall have the right to cancel the booking, including all lodging bookings, without further notice.
- Pilgrim agrees to purchase mandatory health, trip cancellation and personal injury insurance.
- If after acceptance of the booking, Pilgrim alters the confirmed arrangements, a minimum fee of $100 per person for each change may be charged, if such change is possible. If the alteration is less than 90 days prior to departure the cancellation charges may apply.
- Any change to the original booking will not be effective until it is received in writing and agreed to in writing by Group Leader.
- Because we reserve services such as bus tickets and taxi transfers many months in advance, Pilgrim agrees to pay their portion of any such increase in tariffs or additional costs imposed by our suppliers onsite.
Booking of Accommodation and Rates of Exchange
- We book our accommodation as much as a year in advance in order to obtain good rates. In some instances, we are charged a large deposit or charged in full and no cancellation or refund can be made. If there is a substantial increase in the Rate of Exchange (5% or more) either before or while on our trip, we will pass along these changes, and Pilgrim agrees to cover the increase for their lodging costs.
If you Snore:
- If Pilgrim snores, uses a CPAP, or has any other conditions that might prevent Pilgrim's roommate from getting a good night’s sleep, Pilgrim agrees to pay single supplement and book a private room. If Pilgrim does not disclose such condition and we must book a private room for Pilgrim during the walk, Pilgrim agrees to pay the full single supplement cost or forfeit the rest of the trip fee.
- Once Pilgrim has made their contract with Group Leader, we will try to ensure that no arrangements are altered. However, as the arrangements are planned months in advance, sometimes changes may have to be made. By signing the contract, Pilgrim understands and agree that changes to the accommodations and itinerary as advertised could occur due to circumstances beyond our control, but that we will do our best to ensure this does not happen.
Cancellations or Changes
- Pilgrim understands and agrees that we are not an agency or business. We are simply pilgrims helping pilgrims. Each Group Leader acts only as a facilitator on your (the Pilgrim) behalf in reserving accommodation, transportation and other services. For this reason, it is mandatory that each Pilgrim provide their own health, personal injury, travel and trip cancellation insurance.
- The trip may be cancelled at any time for reasons beyond our control including but not limited to reasons such as war, threats of war, civil strife, cancellation of airline flights, pandemics or natural disasters, transportation strikes, travel restrictions, travel delays, quarantines or public health restrictions, medical or customs regulations, delays or cancellations of or changes in itinerary or schedules of carriers, or injury to or inability of Pilgrim to walk. Group Leader shall have no responsibility for any such cancellation, except to refund that which has been paid to your Group Leader by you, the Pilgrim, minus any lodging or transportation costs already incurred and impossible to recoup. In such cases, refunds will not be given, as lodging and transport will have already been paid for.
- Group Leader reserves the right to cancel Pilgrim's reservations, (without any obligation to refund, make alternative arrangements, or pay compensation), where the Pilgrim fails to make payment, fails to submit necessary information, or otherwise the Pilgrim's behavior brings their tour to an end. This includes drunkenness, dangerous or other inappropriate behavior toward other pilgrims or landlords or toward the Group Leader , irresponsible behavior negatively impacting or disrupting the trip, or damage to property while enroute.
- If Pilgrim decides to leave the trip once it has commenced, for whatsoever reason, no refund will be paid.
- If the required minimum number of 6 (six) Pilgrims is not reached, Group Leader has the right to cancel the trip and all money shall be returned to each Pilgrim who has paid such money, including the nonrefundable portion.
- If a Pilgrim cancels before the trip commences, there are cancellation charges set out above, and in the Registration paperwork, and Pilgrim agrees to those terms.
- Group Leader accepts check payments, Paypal, and wire transfers.
- We do not accept credit cards.
- If you use Paypal, you must add any fees charged us by Paypal.
- Please be sure that the net amount of your remittance is equal to the amount due. This means that any fees, including but not limited to Paypal fees, tracking costs, wire transfer fees, postage, or handling expenses in regards to your payments are your responsibility.
- All checks should be written in the name of Deborah Carvalho.
- Please do not make your checks out to Anniewalkers as there is no bank account with that name.
- Accidents can and do occur. Therefore, Pilgrim is required to carry their own private health and accident insurance.
- Pilgrim agrees in writing to assume personal responsibility for any and all injuries and to never hold Anniewalkers or any Group Leader responsible, financially or otherwise, for accidents or injuries during the trip .
- Travel insurance is MANDATORY for all Pilgrims. Travel insurance is often offered when you purchase your airfare.
- Pilgrims are responsible for arranging their own private travel insurance. Pilgrims are responsible for ensuring that they are in possession of travel insurance with protection for the full duration of the trip in respect of medical expenses, injury, death, repatriation, as well as cancellation and curtailment. When Pilgrims make private insurance arrangements, they must ensure that there are no exclusion clauses limiting protection for the type of activities included or incidental in the trip. Pilgrims must ensure that any travel insurance arrangements, made through any agency or individuals, are sufficient for their requirements and should arrange supplementary insurance if necessary.
- Group Leaders do not carry liability insurance and cannot assume any responsibility for accidents, injuries, damages, or losses, whether caused by Pilgrim's fault, equipment, the facilitator, or other person(s) on the trip. Each Pilgrim hikes and travels at their own risk. Pilgrim is required sign an Indemnity Form with their Registration Form. Pilgrim agrees to read Indemnity Form carefully, understand it, sign it, and return it to Group Leader at time of Registration.
- Pilgrim may not start this trip unless the hard copy of the Indemnity Form has been returned to us. Changes may not be made to the Indemnity form unless Pilgrim receives prior authorization from us in writing. Group Leader must receive hard copies of Pilgrim's signed, witnessed, and dated Indemnity Form and Booking Condition form in order to secure their place.
- Anniewalkers and Group Leader assumes no responsibility for actions or omissions by carriers, organizers, hotels, contractor or other persons. The Pilgrim agrees that Anniewalkers and Group Leader shall not be liable or responsible for death, personal injury, loss or damage of any nature to the Pilgrim or to any personal property or baggage of the Pilgrim, or for any cause that directly or indirectly relates to the trip, including transportation arrangements to and from the trip, for any reason or cause whatsoever.
- Pilgrim must make their own separate arrangements for travel to and from the starting point of the trip.
- Pilgrim is responsible for all necessary passport, visa and legal documentations required on trip.
- We can supply a VISA letter to those Pilgrims whose government requires it.
- Pilgrim agrees to bring only ONE bag or ONE backpack and agrees that such bag shall not weigh more than 25 pounds. A additional small daypack is also allowed.
- Pilgrim understands and agrees that THERE ARE NO PORTERS ON THIS TRIP, that lodging can be up several flights of stairs, and that there are rarely elevators in Spanish lodgings.
- Pilgrim understands and agrees that they must be able to carry their own bags to all transfer points.
- Group Leaders are not allowed to carry bags or packs for Pilgrim.
- Pilgrim agrees that photos taken of them while on the trip may be used on this website and/or in Annie's blog.
Pilgrim understands and agrees information from Group Leader regarding Visa applications or Camino tips are only guidelines and that Pilgrim accompanies Group Leader at Pilgrim's own risk.
I have read pages 1 though 5 of these Booking Conditions, I understand them, and I agree to them.