Walk the Camino in
Spring is a wonderful time to walk the Camino!
The wildflowers are spectacular and the weather can be perfect for walking.
Our Best of Both trip will cover your first 2 night's lodging in Pamplona at the beginning of the trip and 2 nights in Santiago at the end.
BEST OF BOTH Tentative Itinerary 2024
- Meet Annie or Joe in Pamplona - Spend your first two nights recovering from your flight in an apartment or hostal/hotel - if you book a private room you will have a private room here
- Same lodging in Pamplona - private rooms if you book a private
From SJPP back to Pamplona is the "bottleneck" where lodgings are difficult to find. We will be sharing space these few days, with people in our group when possible.
- A private taxi will carry our group to SJPP where -we will sleep in a Gite
- BORDA - sleep in a Gite - private cubbies (Hoping to book this - if not we'll spend the night in SJPP again)
- Roncesvalles - we will sleep in quads and triples in a hotel
- Walk to Zubiri - sleep in private/shared rooms in a Pension or apartment
- Walk back into Pamplona - sleep in a hotel
From this point forward if you order a private room, you will have a private room
- Walk to Puente la Reina - sleep in private pilgrim rooms
- Walk to Estella - sleep in private rooms in an apartment
- Walk to Los Arcos - sleep in private rooms
- Walk to Viana - sleep in an apartment
- Taxi to Burgos - sleep in a hotel
- Taxi to Leon - sleep in a hotel
- Taxi to Astorga - sleep in an apartment
- Walk to Rabanal - sleep in a Casa Rural
- Walk to Molinaseca - sleep in a Casa Rural
- Walk to Villafranca - sleep in a Hostal - private rooms
- Taxi to O Cebreiro and see the village then taxi to Samos - walk to Sarria - sleep private rooms
- Walk to Portomarin - sleep in private rooms
- Walk to Palas de Rei - sleep in an apartment
- Walk to Castaneda - sleep in a Casa Rural
- Walk to O Pedrouzo - sleep in a Pension
- Walk to Santiago - sleep at a Hospederia in pilgrim rooms (used to be monk cells)
- Next morning wake up early and head over to the Pilgrim Office to collect your well-earned Compostela. Arrive early - it's going to be buzzing! Then perhaps visit the Cathedral museum. The rooftop tour is fantastic! Make your reservation online for the Cathedral museum. Get together with some of the other pilgrims and book a round trip private taxi to Finisterra and Muxia, only about €35-40 each for 4 pilgrims. It's a beautiful drive - have seafood at the beach! Your room is also booked for this second night in Santiago, so relax and bask in your accomplishment. Hopefully, you have booked an extra night or two in Santiago. Once you're there, you may as well enjoy it! You might look on www.booking.com and make those reservation as soon as possible. Prices go UP and availability down each day!
You walked the Camino de Santiago!